Thursday, August 24, 2006

Things to Eat Before You Die

Melissa from The Traveler's Lunchbox (a wonderful blog) started a Meme based on the BBC list of 50 things to eat before you die. The BBC list has many things that I've had and quite a few that I'm pretty unlikely to ever try. Some examples of the latter are alligator, haggis, guinea pigs and reindeer. Of the former, I've certainly eaten my fill of the American diner breakfast, sandwiches, Mexican food, pizza and Thai food.

In the spirit of Melissa's very long list, I've put mine recommendations here:

1. Mom's matzoh brei
2. Really good lox and Temptee whipped cream cheese on a Brooklyn bagel
3. Peas in their pods right off the vine
4. Freshly made chocolate mousse (just because I don't eat it anymore doesn't mean I can't recommend it)
5. A multi-course meal at Millennium in San Francisco (it's vegan, so be prepared)

And, while you're in San Fran, don't miss a trip down the coast to Point Lobos. It's south of Carmel by the Sea, so wave Hi! to Clint Eastwood for me on your way down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to try Millenium. I have tried chocolate mousse, of course, but I'll stop mentioning now, because I don;t want to torture you...

Deb Schiff said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sam!

I always enjoy your blog. You're such a great writer, and have such lovely photos on your regular postings.

Not much of a torture to remember chocolate mousse fondly. :)

And, more than likely, I'm going to make myself some carob brownies very soon!