Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hot, Hot, Hot

Have I mentioned how incredibly HOT it is here? This morning, when my garden pal Candace and I took our walk at 5:30 am, it was already 85 degrees F. Oh, and 75% humidity. John had installed our new indoor/outdoor hygrometer/thermometer out on the deck, so we can see the readings on the master device in the kitchen. There's also a remote temperature/humidity reader in the bedroom for comparison. It's 77 degrees F in there now.

I'll be working downstairs today.

Just in case you were wondering, the image above is from NOAA's site. John's got a feed from it on his site. The weekly forecast for Somerset, NJ changes drastically after a mythical thunderstorm that's supposed to appear tomorrow. I don't typically say things like this, but I'll be looking forward to temps in the 80s and much more comfortable humitidy.

Considering all the drain on the power grid, I can't possibly try to cool the house down enough to make decent chocolate. It's just going to have to wait a few days. So will the cookies and other baked goods I'm dying to make with the new mixer. It's so shiny! And, the cobalt blue exactly matches the Polish pottery as well as the imersion blender.


No comments: