Monday, August 14, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, Richard Factor

Yesterday, John and I brought the pie and a large box of my Deb's Delectables chocolates to my friend Richard Factor. His lovely housemate, Barbara was there as well, so it was a foursome for part of the visit. I know I've mentioned Richard, his blog, his PriUPS project and other inventions here before, but had yet to include a physical reference.

Well, allow me to introduce you to Richard in the flesh, so to speak.

Here he is in his bedroom/office. Richard heads an interesting company called Eventide. Here's a quote from a press release: "Founded in 1971 in New York City, Eventide is a leading developer and manufacturer of digital audio processing products for recording, broadcast, and live performance. Headquartered in Little Ferry, NJ, Eventide invented the H910, the first Harmonizer® effects processor in 1975, and introduced the H3000 Ultra-Harmonizer effects processor in 1988." One of his devices was used in the movie Contact (Jodie Foster, remember?) to visually display the sound the characters heard from space.

You can see that he's using three monitors turned vertically to better see what he's working on from the multiple computers. Right then, he had his blog up and Ebay.

In back of him is a gorgeous view of the side of the mountain below his home.

This visit, John and I were able to take a tour of his new, huge house and a bit of the neighborhood via a strenous walk. Barbara does a wonderful job with the garden in back and the property in front of the house, and we enjoyed the garden surrounding the pool before we went for that walk. There are several decks outside each floor of the house (somewhat like the previous home, but with far lovelier views). John and I enjoyed a swing on one deck by their little vegetable garden before we ventured out to dine at a local restaurant.

I probably should have taken more photos, but what I really want to do is come back for another visit when the leaves are changing, and I can grab a few of the granny smith apples from their tree for another pie.

And, don't worry, Richard, I'll be sure to bring more chocolate.

No comments: