Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ode to a summer fruit


I'm not entirely opposed to genetic engineering of fruits, especially when it leads to the delicious pluot. It's a touchy subject, especially here in NJ, where Rutgers legendary agriculture school is responsible for developing most of the tomatoes and asparagus available in groceries stores across the country. But, more importantly, back to the fruit... This combination of a plum and apricot has become one of my favorite fruits. Most likely because it is a pairing of two of my favorite summer fruits. I primarily eat fruit all morning until lunchtime, but there are some exceptions (like this morning when John and I had eggs, homemade hashbrowns and fake bacon on the deck because it was gorgeous out). However, on Friday morning, I realized that I had an abundance of fruit in the crisper, so I paired this beauty with some blueberries Mom gave me. You can see how it turned out in the next photo.

No comments: