Sunday, August 27, 2006


I don't know about you, but I saved my old issues of Martha Stewart's Living magazine. Sometimes I whip out the old issues and page through them for good recipes. John mentioned a passing interest in corn muffins, so I was pretty happy to find that Martha had one in her November 2003 issue of Living. Her recipe was for Cornbread Muffins. It called for confectioner's sugar as well as granulated sugar, both of which I swapped for my friend, agave nectar. She also wanted her readers to use 1/2 a vanilla bean, but I used vanilla paste instead since I didn't have a lot of time when I made the muffins. Finally, she asked for buttermilk, but I used 1% lowfat milk instead. I think they came out fine, in fact, I'd make them again for a brunch. John, since he doesn't like cake or cakey things, would not request them, but did eat some of the ones I didn't freeze. I also added fresh blueberries to mine since I had an abundance of them in the fridge. Below are the photos of my cornbread muffin adventure.

No comments: