Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ode to a Global Chef's Knife

What a delight! Dad and Joann gave us three beautiful Global knives. They bought from MetroKitchen.com two of the knives shown here, the 8 in. Global Chef's knives; and a 7 in. Global Santoku knife. My mistake about the two chef's knives. I must have told Joann two instead of one. But, I'll probably get the 5 in. chef's knife in exchange for the extra 8 incher since it would be practical for wee jobs.

We also wanted to buy the matching wall-mountable magnetic knife holder since we're running out of room to put things in the kitchen these days.

When we tried out the knives, as you can see, we were able to slice tomatoes very thinly. The chef's knife also made quick work of the bagels, slicing through them like butter.

I've never owned a knife that didn't require exertion to cut, chop or slice food. These Global knives have completely changed my opinion on knives. Now I know why my pal Sly said all the chefs at the Marriott hotel use them.

They are super light, perfectly balanced and cut like a dream. Plus, they look cool, too! Grade: A for Global knives.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I've always wanted a good knife, but...I don't know what to get! Granted, I barely cook, but maybe I would cook more with a good knife? :) The idea of cutting through anything like butter is beyond me...hell, I don't think I've ever cut butter easily.

So...this knife looks nice. Ooh.

Deb Schiff said...

You ain't kiddin! I've never been able to slice anything with such ease. I'm really glad John picked these out after doing his research and comparison shopping (as he always does). It always turns out well. Makes me a very lucky chick. :)