Yesterday was my birthday. Yep. I'm 37. To celebrate, I spent March 15th in New York having a foodie day. Before the big day, I researched a bunch of places that I'd never been to and made up a list, mapping them between some of my favorite spots in those neighborhoods. I fully intended to visit Taim Falalfel on the recommendation of the Amatuer Gourmet, but it just didn't happen. I also really wanted to see Streit's bakery and pick up some matzoh for Mom's and Dad's seders, but that didn't happen either. Oh well.
Here is the list of all the places I did see and their locations in order of appearance. Afterward is a mini pictoral description of what I bought and did.
- Luzzo's Pizza, 211 1st Ave. between 12th and 13th streets
- Kiehl's (not food, but a must if in the neighborhood, and I needed some lip balm), 3rd Ave at 13th street
- Angelica Kitchen, 12th Street between 1st and 2nd Aves
- Whole Earth Bakery, St. Mark's between 1st ave and A
- Babycakes, 248 Broome Street between Orchard and Ludlow
- Yonah Schimmel Knish Bakery, 137 E Houston St. and 2nd Ave
- Chelsea Market, 9th Ave and 15th street