Thursday, September 21, 2006

Frizzy, Benign, and MAD

Not me, my pal Richard. The New York Times has published another piece on Richard's work turning his Prius into an uninterruptible power supply for his house (when he's not driving it). He's got the story up on his blog, because unless you're a subscriber to the Times, you won't be able to view it without paying for it. If you are, it's in the NY Region section.

The "mad" adjective used by the Times reporter (and echoed in my headline as well on Richard's on his blog) doesn't fit him. Richard's a pretty sane, albeit eccentric, fellow. I'll admit that he's the only person I know who owns multiple 70 ft antennas to listen for ETs, but there's something to be said for having the humility to admit that we're not the only ones in the universe. Furthermore, if beings from another universe were to be met by Richard rather than others, I would feel pretty safe about them knowing there are some very intelligent, humorous and caring individuals here on Earth.

In other news, my blogging by mail partner, Shammi, received my package. She blogged about it here. I'll be posting about the brownies she loved here very soon.

No comments: