Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sitting Under the Desk Eating Cottage Cheese

Because John and I cut our cable to just the basic service and the Internet service (huge increases in monthly fees drove us to it), I will occasionally check in on the Daily Show via YouTube. Recently, I saw this clip, which was Jon Stewart's opening monologue just 9 days after the 11 Sept. 2001 tragedy.

Yes, I know that everyone and her brother has something to say about the 5th anniversary of that shocking and terrible day. But, as I grew up hearing, those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

The headline for this entry refers to Jon Stewart's memory of Martin Luther King being shot, and how the event was handled in his elementary school at the time. This video is worth watching. It's just under 9 minutes long.

No comments: