Friday, July 14, 2006

Surgery Update (or Deb Goes On a Liquid Diet)

So, the dental surgery happened yesterday. It wasn't as extensive as originally planned thanks to some improvements, but it took more than half the day nonetheless.

I tried chewing some soft food yesterday, but it was a big, painful chore. This morning, I whipped together some non-fat plain yogurt, blueberries, a banana and a nectarine in the blender and have been drinking it for breakfast. It's a fat-free, high-protein, high-C nutritional drink.

Next, some Celestial Seasonings Detox tea because I had a ton of chemicals coursing through my system yesterday. Between all the novocaine (nasty epinephrine made me shake), Alleve, antibiotics, and allergy/sinus stuff, it's no wonder I'm wiped out! I'm going to see how long I can go without taking anything (except the antibiotics to prevent infection).

Earlier, I felt alright, but now I'm starting to feel like I've been socked in the kisser again.

My back and neck problems came back as well because I was in dental chairs from 10 am until 2 pm. That will pass by the end of the weekend, if I stretch, ice and heat my back. Been there.

Generally, I'm just taking it easy and trying not to speak much, since it hurts.

No comments: