Wednesday, March 29, 2006


I love New York for many, many reasons, but one recent addition to the top of that list is Babycakes bakery. On my way home from a consulting trip into the city, I stopped by to see what was fresh. This is the piece of blueberry coffee cake that made it home with me yesterday. I ate the other piece (with my fingers, mind you) while stuck in traffic at the Holland Tunnel. It was so wonderfully moist and tasty. The flavor of the blueberries and cinnamon was delightful. It was light and luscious. The only detractor, and hardly one at that, was the heavy icing (most likely the same as their cupcake icing--it reminded me of it). The coffee cake didn't need it, although that didn't stop me from enjoying it on it's own with the last of the streusel stuck to it. I should have bought the entire cake. ;) Greedy, greedy Deb. What I really need is the recipe. I ordered some agave nectar so I can start making my own cupcakes just for me. I'd thought about selling baked goods with Deb's Delectables when I first started, but I'll just keep the focus on the chocolate.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Ooo you got a lot from Babycakes it seems. ;D YAAAY! You make me wanna go back...

Deb Schiff said...

Robs, I'd be in really big trouble if they were more local!

On the other hand, it's important that we support wee, women-owned and run local businesses like this one so they can keep making us the lovely desserts we enjoy on our visits to Babycakes. :D