Wednesday, March 22, 2006


The finished product. Things I would do differently next time: roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cover the under-layers completely, use a thicker spread or real fruit, use many more carob chips, use Agave nectar as the sweetener. All that to say that it wasn't bad. The cookie tasted like a real cookie, albeit with the icky aftertaste that Splenda has. But, the texture was right on the money. I might also use an egg to make it rise a bit higher. The bottom layer was a bit dense. I made these on Sunday night and after they cooled, on Monday morning I cut them (easily with the global chef's knife) into squares and put them into an airtight container. It made enough to last at least another week or so considering I'm the only one having them. I would definitely try making these again, with perhaps an apricot filling. It didn't really need the carob, but I'd consider toasted almonds, some lemon zest and some cinnamon and nutmeg. I usually end up tinkering with most recipes, since it's always a matter of personal taste anyway. I'm going to go downstairs and have one of these after dinner tonight. Yum!

No comments: