Friday, March 17, 2006

4 Things Meme

The 4 Things Meme is still making the rounds, and I've been tagged. Here's my responses:

Four jobs I've had:
1. Recording Engineer
2. Clinical Research Associate
3. Managing Editor (technical magazines)
4. Freelance Writer

Four movies I could watch over and over (not in any particular order):
1. Room With A View
2. Wallace & Gromit, Curse of the Wererabbit (I love the little bunnies)
3. Moonstruck
4. Auntie Mame

Four places I've lived:
1. Mission Viejo, CA
2. Atlanta, GA
3. Montclair, NJ
4. Allentown, PA

Four TV shows I love:
1. Gilmore Girls
2. That 70's Show
3. Paula Deen's cooking show
4. House

Four places I've vacationed:
1. Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
2. Zion, UT
3. Acadia National Park, ME
4. Venice, Italy

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Mom's matzobrei
2. Vinnie's Sicilian pizza with eggplant
3. Chips and my guacamole
4. Macaroni & cheese -- this, of course, is tied with grilled swiss and tomato on rye

Four sites I visit daily (tough choice to pick just four, but these are the first four I visit):
1. Washington Post comics
2. The New York Times
3. Kiplog Food Blog
4. NOAA (local weather in Somerset)

Four places I'd rather be right now (all are with John):
1. Alta -- skiing because it's STILL snowing in Utah
2. Exlporing parts of Italy I haven't seen yet
3. Australia
4. London

Four Albums I Can't Live Without (I can certainly live without most things, but these are the ones I'm crazy about right now):
1. Prince, Prince
2. Waltz for Debby, Bill Evans Trio
3. Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters tied with Jacqueline Du Pre's Impressions (love that dark Elgar stuff)
4. Ella a Nice, Ella Fitzgerald (Can't beat this one with a stick)

Four Vehicles I've Owned:
1. 1997 Honda Accord
2. 1985 Buick Skyhawk
3. Not sure what year VW Rabbit
4. I've only owned 3 cars.

Four Books I Have/Could Read Multiple Times:
1. Golden Gate, Vikram Seth
2. Anything by Alexander McCall Smith, especially the Portuguese Irregular Verbs series
3. Road Less Traveled, M. Scott Peck
4. Just For Today

Four Things I Don't Do Well:
1. Bake bread (I'm hoping that will change when I buy a bread machine)
2. Lie
3. Dive into water
4. Lose those ___lbs that haven't moved in three years

Four Talents I Have:
1. Writing
2. Editing
3. Making pretty chocolates
4. Cooking

I'm not going to tag anyone for this formally, since it seems that everyone and their mom (not my mom, but other moms) have been tagged for this. Mom-- if you want to, feel free, but no pressure here.

If you're a blogger and haven't been tagged to do this meme, and you like doing memes, please consider yourself tagged. Blog away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list. I'm planning a trip to the Galapagos islands, we should talk!