Tuesday, January 06, 2009

What's in Your Drawers?

From Jan. 2009 Product Reviews and Recipes


Yep, we're still putting things away from when we emptied out the kitchen for the renovation. We're in the home stretch, though, as you can see from the newly sorted giant drawer above.

This drawer, by the way, is the one above the pullout drawer cabinet where we stored the pots and pans. John and I had been looking for weeks for either dividers or some kind of utensil holders that would make sense in such a wide drawer. While we were out in Utah visiting my in-laws, I stopped into a Bed Bath and Beyond store to see if it would have anything. It did.

If you look closely at the photo, you can see the acrylic utensil holders I found. They're in a few shapes and sizes, but this worked the best way for us. Another drawer holds more of the green knives and all of our myriad tongs. The spatulas, wooden spoons, and large utensils are still in plain sight in a Polish pottery container.

It's nice to be organized again. For a while, I just didn't feel like I could find anything. In a world where life is increasingly difficult for many people, I'm grateful for my little problems.

No comments: