Saturday, June 23, 2007

Poor Woman's Frozen Yogurt

Last week, I had a fridge full of yogurt, but no desire to eat it then. However, the due dates were approaching on the little cups of fat-free goodness, so I decided to make frozen yogurt from them.

Because the Cascade Fresh brand of fat free yogurt just uses fruit juice concentrate as its sweetener, it worked great for me. I only added unsweetened carob chips to the mixture of cherry vanilla and boysenberry yogurt. The only thing I'd do differently next time is not be so lazy and use the ice cream maker instead of using the method shown in the little film below.

In advance, I apologize for the quality of the video. I hope someday to buy a good video camera instead of using my good digital camera that just happens to have a weak video setting.

Before you see the film, here are before and after shots of the yogurt:



Above, you can see the markings of the cheese cloth on the yogurt after it's been drained over night.



Above, the finished product.

Now, sit back, have some popcorn and enjoy the show.

No comments: