These two recipes will no doubt wind up in my cookbook since they're
- Very much altered to suit sugar-sensitive folks.
- Yummy like that!
4 egg whites
3/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 fresh Mexican vanilla bean scraped for the tiny seeds (or one teaspoon vanilla paste)
zest of one lemon
3 cups reduced fat unsweetened organic finely shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the first four ingredients until very well blended.
- Add coconut in stages and mix after each addition.
- Use fingers to do final mixing since the dough will be pretty thick.
- Use your fingers to form 1 1/2 in. diameter disks about 3/4 in. thick, and place these on the pan about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown, turning the pan at 15 minutes.
This recipe is a re-do of the recipe on the can of Yehuda Matzos' Cake Meal.
Passover Carob Pecan Brownies
2 cups agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
3/4 cup oil
1 cup sifted carob powder
1 1/4 cup Yehuda Cake Meal
1 1/4 cup pecans
1 cup unsweetened carob chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease two 9-in. square pans or one 9 x 13 in. pan.
- With mixer, beat eggs, agave nectar and vanilla paste until well blended.
- Mix in oil, carob powder and cake meal until well blended.
- Stir in pecans and carob chips until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes.