Monday, May 12, 2008

Restaurant Review: Land Thai Kitchen, NYC

Last Wednesday, my cousin Cynthia and I spent a day in NYC going to museums and eating at great restaurants. Well, let me correct that, we actually only went to one museum, but visited the shops of several because we were looking for Mother's Day gifts for our respective moms. I couldn't find anything for my mom that didn't cost a bundle, so I decided to buy her plants at the Rutgers Gardens plant fair (which was held in the pouring rain on Friday and lovely weather the rest of the weekend. Guess which day I went.).

While I regret not taking any photos of the great eats, I'd like to give Land Thai Kitchen a review regardless. The little restaurant is located at 450 Amsterdam Avenue between 81st and 82nd streets. It's a nice neighborhood, full of neat shops and restaurants, and is close to Central Park and the Museum of Natural History (not one of the places we visited, albeit one of my favorite places).

We were there for lunch, so we took advantage of the truly reasonable prix fixed menu ($8 for two courses!). I had the organic greens as an opening course. It was a tiny salad with a lovely citrus dressing. For the second course, I had the wok vegetable medley with tofu. It was a small serving, but truly fine for me. It was a tasty dish of lightly fried tofu, napa cabbage, snow peas, broccoli and baby corn in a light mushroom sauce.

Cynthia had the green papaya salad and the green curry with chicken. She enjoyed her meal as well.

So, if you're up in that neighborhood, I recommend lunching at Land.

2 comments:

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Hey - don't tell people about Land. It sucks. It sucks. It sucks.

Actually it's one of my favorite Thai places and the portions increase significantly in the dinner menu, but the prices don't. I love Land.

But don't tell people how good it is. It's too small for more customers.

Deb Schiff said...

Funny! A bit too late though. ;D

Glad to hear about the dinner portions, although small is better these days. Thanks for the comment!