Thursday, February 07, 2008

Surprise Tastiness

Yesterday, I accidentally made some incredibly tasty guacamole. Normally, my guac is yummy, but when I added 1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste instead of minced garlic from a jar of very similar size and appearance, I inadvertently raised the flavor profile of this avocado dip a notch or two. The best side effect was that it was the only thing that calmed my stomach. I'd been taking a lot of Alleve since my foot surgery a week and a half ago, and it just about burned a hole in my gut. My guac saved me!

Here's the recipe, if you'd like to try something different with yours. It serves two.

Ginger Guacamole


Ingredients:

2 ripe Haas avocados
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cilantro
1/2 teaspoon ginger puree (I used Trader Joe's jarred ginger)
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoon of your favorite salsa pureed (I used Herdez mild)

Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Use avocado or potato masher to bring the mixture to your desired texture (I like mine just barely chunky).
3. Enjoy with your favorite chips or veggies!

No comments: