Saturday, August 13, 2005


The frozen yogurt recipe from the booklet that came with the machine was for Peanut Butter Chip. I altered it significantly by adding sugar-free white chocolate chips (something I will not repeat), sugar-free caramel (also something not so be repeated), and chunks of carob cashew coconut bars (would use these all the time--hard not to just eat the three pack while I'm making the frozen dessert). Here's the recipe:
2 cups plain or vanilla flavored yogurt (I used fat/sugar-free Dannon plain)
1 cup sour cream (again, I opted for fat-free because fat makes you fat)
1/4 cup light corn syrup (I omitted this)
1/4 cup sugar (I used NutraSweet's equivalent)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup mini peanut butter chips (as I mentioned above, I used my own substitutions)
The additional items were added as the machine was mixing the wet ingredients and NutraSweet.

No comments: