Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ratatouille Review

John and I finally saw Ratatouille yesterday. I hate to say it, but given the insane amount of hype surrounding its release (especially in the blogosphere), the film didn't live up to the hype.

Which is not to say that I didn't appreciate the high level of detail in the animation and the cooking/food. Technically, the film deserves an A+. However, the story was sadly lacking. While I do enjoy most Disney movies -- because I know exactly what I'm going to get from a Disney movie -- this one was a bit too Disney for me.

I'm not going to spoil the ending for anyone, but I just have to say that the rat-in-the-kitchen bit made me lose my appetite completely. John weighed in saying that the short film shown before Ratatouille was better than the full-length feature.

It's no Finding Nemo, that's for sure. B-

No comments: