Sunday, November 13, 2005


Before I left for California, I had time to spend a day making a gallon zip bag full of these beauties. I like to call them the Peppermint Snowflakes. Yes, a lot of originality there. The top portion is a thick layer of peppermint-flavored white chocolate. Beneath the snowy cover is a dark chocolate layer with a peppermint filling. It's like a sophisticated Peppermint Patty. I wrap them individually in blue or green foil so that the rest of the box of chocolate doesn't wind up mint-flavored. If you're dainty, it will take you about 4 bites to savor this sweet. If you're not, 2 to 3 bites will do it. Makes me wish I could eat them.

2 comments:

Nancy White said...

These are beautiful!! Where did you get the molds? I'm trying to get a sense of the size.

Recipe? Do you buy the flavored chocolate or flavor it yourself?

Mmmmmm

Deb Schiff said...

Hi Nancy,

Thank you very much!

I bought the mold at Candyland Crafts in Somerville, NJ. The link is http://www.candylandcrafts.com/.

They're about an inch and a quarter in diameter.

I flavored them myself (and I don't give away trade secrets). :)