Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Random Things

It's interesting how when you read all these memes (and by the way, this one's been around for a while. In fact, I think I've already done it.), and learn new things about folks whom you only "know" only as much as they allow you to know. Follow?

OK, I only let you know as much as I want you to know, unless, of course, you know me in a context other than this (or my other) blog. That said, here are some 23 random things about me (I'll try really hard not to repeat anything I've every hit on prior to this post).

1. I LOVE Hulu.com. Wish they'd send me a bumper sticker saying that so I could put it on the back of my car.

2. I already have a couple of other stickers on my car: Alta snowflakes on the back and on the driver's side rear window. There are others, but I'm not going to reveal them here. ;D

3. I never thought I'd go back to school for Library and Information Science, but here I am, doing just that. And, so far, I really like it.

4. I used to smoke more than a pack of cigarettes a day. It's been 13 years since I stopped. Every once in a while when I watch a movie that shows someone smoking, I have an urge. But it passes. I quit cold turkey.

5. I drive a 12-year-old Honda Accord with more than 150k miles on the odometer.

6. From my house, it's much less expensive to drive into NYC than to take public transportation, and that bugs the poo out of me. It's actually nearly 3x as expensive. Criminal.

7. I have a terrible memory. If I don't write things down, I lose them. Thinking about exams makes me anxious.

8. Don't tell me something cannot be done. It just comes across as a challenge to me.

9. I'm a tool and gadget junkie. Although my favorite kitchen tool is the classic wooden spoon.

10. John and I do not have exactly matching luggage, but both our individual sets are similar in color and come from the same company. Wish I could show you his (complete with space for his fly-fishing rods) luggage, but they don't seem to make John's anymore.

11. I take vitamins, but only because I feel like poo when I don't. Oh, and I take calcium because it keeps Mom in business.

12. I love dancing, but I'm not very good at it. In fact, I'm really klutzy. I won't take gym classes because the last time I did, I knocked a couple of people over and smacked someone in the back of the head.

13. I'd rather hang out in a good stationery store than a Williams-Sonoma.

14. As a child, I spent more time with my brother's Legos and Erector Set than with Barbie dolls (but I did have some Barbies -- always cut their hair off).

15. I used to write in a journal every day -- for many, many years. I don't any more. I'm lucky if I update my journal once a month these days.

16. If it wasn't for cheese, it would be easy for me to go back to being a vegan. There's just nothing that melt or tastes like it. I probably wouldn't miss anything else. Except, maybe butter.

17. My best female friend lives in Tennessee, but we used to be neighbors in Montclair. Some days I wish she still lived down the street. That's really inadequate. On those days, I'd trade all my gadgets (including the stand mixer, and you know how I love my stand mixer) to have Dawn be able to stop by and visit for a few hours. Instead, I get to go to Nashville and eat authentic biscuits. Mmmmmm. Oh and visit Dawn.

18. I once sold a box of snowglobes on EBay. People will buy anything. I guess I'm one of those people, because I'd originally bought some of them (the rest were gifts).

19. I don't wear make-up. I used to, but now it just looks silly. Besides, John prefers my natural coloring, and that's enough for me.

20. I'm one of those people who strikes up conversations with strangers if I'm standing in line for too long. (Your definition of "too long" may just be more generous than mine.)

21. Sometimes I use my Bundt pan just to be able to say "Bundt" pan.

22. I LOVE The Big Bang Theory.

23. I'm really glad people stop by and comment every now and then.

Hope y'all have a great day!

No comments: