Monday, July 07, 2008

Garden Update: Morning Glories



One of the few seeds that the #$%^ squirrels didn't eat was the Convolvulus or Bush Morning Glory. The Blue Enchantment variety in my front garden has truly been enjoying the rainy and hot weather we've had here over the past few weeks.

I can also see that the cosmos are about 8-in high, but have yet to sprout buds. However, I had bought some colorful annuals back at the Rutgers Gardens sale and Home Depot, so there will be color up there at the front for a while until the later summer flowers open.

In the meantime, I can see that a few of the gladiolas already have buds. That's fast!

Finally, a few days ago, I spotted my first wee praying mantis in the bed closest to the house. I'm sure that as the weather heats up a bit, I'll see more. Until that happens, I'll just have to keep changing the bag-a-bug bags and encouraging the birds to come an eat the @#$% Japanese beetles. Ugh.

No comments: