Saturday, April 08, 2006


I'm going off-topic today--more garden photos because it's April and my wee garden is in bloom. This is a duck that was probably blown off course during the very windy days in the beginning of this week. He or she is gone now, but it was nice having some wildlife around. I also saw a wild turkey about half a mile west of the house. It was on the lawn of a condo development. Back on topic for a moment -- Mom and Dave are coming for dinner tomorrow to dine on the lovely Polish pottery they gave us for our engagement. John and I will take plenty of photos of the cooking, but just as a tease, the menu will include tilapia (we haven't decided how we'll make it, but I'm leaning toward lightly breading it in seasoned bread crumbs and either trying to pan sear again or bake it), mushroom risotto (from Vegan with a Vengeance) and coconut cupcakes (also from VwaV). It will be my first experience making my own cupcakes with agave nectar. I'm concerned about the icing, but if the icing doesn't work out, I'm sure we could have them without. John's got peanut butter cookies. Will let you know how it works out. But, for now, please enjoy my garden.

No comments: