Thursday, September 06, 2007

The New York Times and Me

The universe seems to be telling me something: I'm in tune with the Times. Why? Well, last night, my friend Thom (the best hair stylist in the world, and I'm not biased) came by and cut off my long hair so that I could donate it to Locks of Love.

What should I read in the Times this morning? Girls have been deliberately growing their hair long in order to do the same thing! I'm glad folks are raising awareness this way. When kids go through cancer treatment and lose their hair, they have a lot more options than they used to have. And, the vast majority of hair that can't be used is sold to wigmakers for adult wigs.

In case you were wondering, here are the before and after photos, in that order.





Sorry the after photo is a bit blurry, but it was getting late. John might have been tired by then, and we used my camera, not his.

Prior to the big haircut event, I treated Thom and John to an Indian feast. I'll be posting about that at a later date. But, let me just say this, the dal was sooooo tasty!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

That's great that you donated your hair! I once cut off..a LOT of hair, but didn't know about Locks of Love. Eep! I don't plan on growing my hair out again, but I'll keep Locks of Love in mind just in case. :)

Deb Schiff said...

Thanks, Robs!

My head feels much lighter. And, I get a lot more neck kisses. ;)