Sunday, September 02, 2007

Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic and Goat Cheese

For the life of me, I can't remember where I found this recipe, so if you know where it originates, please let me know so I can credit the author.

It's very easy, takes only 30 minutes, and is very tasty.

Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesean cheese
2 tablespoons goat cheese (I used the pepper blend version)
salt/pepper to taste (I used freshly ground green and white pepper)

Directions:

1. Cook the life out of the cauliflower by just covering it with water and the garlic, and cooking it on medium high. This should take about 25 minutes.



2. When the cauliflower is very soft, drain it in a colander for at least five minutes.
3. Put it back into the pan and mash the cauliflower with the cheeses.



4. Heat gently on low, stirring consistently for 5-7 minutes.
5. Salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy.



Alternately, you could process all the ingredients together, then cook them, but this really didn't take much time at all. So tasty!

No comments: