Thursday, November 16, 2006

Simple Vanilla and Agave Nectar Cupcakes (Frosted with Carob Ganache)












I topped the cupcakes with my own version of their "Quick Melty Ganache." For mine, I used
  1. three tablespoons of Vanilla Enriched Rice Dream
  2. 1.5 tablespoons of Organic Raw Madhava Agave Nectar
  3. 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Nspire Carob Chips
I heated the Rice Dream to a simmer, added the chips and whisked them until it was smooth. Then, I added the sweetener and wisked it again until completely mixed.

Next, I let the mixture cool for 10 minutes. Then, I used a ziplock bag with the end cut off (too much cut off, as you can see from the photo) to squeeze out the ganache. It took me a while to get the feel of it. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, yesterday I ordered a chef's pastry set.

The ganache set when it cooled.

The carob ganache made an excellent frosting for these grown-up cupcakes. I highly recommend it for your chocolate-free friends who are carob-friendly.

No comments: